THE NEXT WOMEN'S SPORT SCHOOL WILL BE OFFERED IN MAY 2014. PLEASE CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR DETAILS IN THE FALL OF 2013.
The Women’s Sports School is a professional development conference that brings together teacher-coaches from across the province to share ideas and get motivated. The program encompasses a wide variety of sessions for both curricular and co-curricular programs with sessions geared to high school and middle school teachers. The aim of the Women’s Sport School is to increase participants’ knowledge in several areas of school sport, expose them to new/unconventional sports, teaching methods, as well as provide opportunities for discussion groups with peers. This is an affordable professional development opportunity that should not be missed!
The 2012 OFSAA Women's Sport School will be held on May 3 & 4, 2012 at Brock University in St. Catharines. The organizing committee is still securing presenters so additional information will be added. The general conference information has been provided for your convenience.
To download the general information flyer click here.
- The schedule for this year's conference can be found here.
- Session descriptions are available here. Updated April 5, 2012.
- NEW- List of Women attending the conference this year. Access the attendee list here.
- Conference clothing is available for purchase. For Clothing options and instructions click here. The sizing chart is available here. To order clothing click here.
- The early bird registration deadline has now been changed to January 20, 2012.
- The deadline for all registrations is 4:00 p.m. April 13, 2012. Spots are still available please contact the office.
- Tradeshow information is available by clicking here or on the menu to the left.
Registration is available online, please click here to be redirected to the webpage. For additional information on registration please click on the menu to the left.
Keynote Speaker Announced
OFSAA is pleased to announce this year's Women's Sport School keynote speaker will be rowing Olympic medalist Melanie Kok. To read more click here.
OFSAA would like to thank the Coaching Association of Canada and The Investors Group for their financial contribution through the Investors Group Community Coaching Conference. We would alsolike to extend our thanks to Marchant's School Sport, the Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women in Sport, the Westmont Hospitality Group for their support.
Presenteres for the Women's Sport School have now been secured but we are looking for presenters for the 2013 Coaching Symposium. Please refer back to the conference websites in the fall for more details on how to apply.
Should you have any additional questions about the Women’s Sport School please contact Lexy Fogel or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org call 416-426-7436.