Yonex Canada Continues Support of High School Badminton through 2019
OFSAA is excited to announce that Yonex Canada will continue their partnership as the official shuttle and badminton racquet of OFSAA into 2019. Yonex has been a great partner for OFSAA badminton for over 15 years and this agreement will ensure their support for another five years. As part of the agreement, Yonex is sponsoring a contest to help teachers and students to build an intramural badminton program in their school. Please see the details of the contest below.
OFSAA sponsors provide both financial and in-kind contributions to support championship hosting and OFSAA programing. We encourage all schools to support OFSAA sponsors to help ensure these types of partnerships can continue.
High School Smash – Badminton Intramural Contest Presented by Yonex
Yonex Canada and OFSAA are pleased to announce the continuation of the High School Smash – Badminton Intramural Contest. The contest encourages schools to develop an intramural badminton program at their school that focuses on fun, inclusion, and getting more students active.
WHAT’S THE PRIZE?
Four (4) intramural starter packages from Yonex will be awarded. These packages include:
- 16 Yonex Nanospeed (or equivalent) racquets
- 5 dozen (60) Mavis 350 shuttles
- A badminton instructional DVD
- Potential for your school to host a showcase match between National Team members (dependent on availability of athletes)
HOW IT WORKS
Schools, through collaboration of students and teachers, will submit their creative proposal for an intramural program using the contest online application form.
All applications which meet the identified requirements will be placed in a draw for one (1) of the four (4) prizes (one entry per school).
Tuesday October 20th 2015
Programs must identify how they will meet the following requirements:
- Involve a minimum of five (5) students from each grade
- Attract students that have little or no previous badminton involvement (school or community team/programs)
- Explain how the program will be sustained going forward
- Past prize winners are not eligible.