Kick off the next school year by joining schools, organizations, and communities in celebrating the third annual Sports Day in Canada on September 29, 2012.
Sports Day in Canada is a national celebration of sport, from grassroots to high-performance levels, in communities across the country. Presented by ParticipACTION, True Sport and CBC Sports, Sports Day in Canada is a great chance to celebrate sport and all the good things it can do for familities, communities, and our national pride!
In the week leading up to and including September 20, more than a thousand organizations, communities, and schools across Canada will host local events. CBC Sports will also air a special broadcast on September 29 to show the power of sport at work in the country.
Here's how you can celebrate:
Create a Sports Day in Canada event
- Host an event that celebrates sport in your school between September 24 to 28, 2012. It could be a try-it day, a special assembly with athletes, a game, competition, walk, run, or tournament. All school events registered by June 30, 2012 will receive a FREE celebration kit with posters, tattoos and banners.
Register an event you're already doing
- Register your Olympics Day, fall fair, or your school Terry Fox Run as a Sports Day in Canada event. All school events registered by June 30, 2012 will receive a FREE event celebration kit with posters, tattoos, and banners.
What's in it for your school?
- All school events registered by June 30, 2012 will receive a FREE event celebration kit. The kits include event t-shirts, Sports Day tattoos, Sports Day banners and posters, plus some great new Sports Day in Canada noisemakers.
- A Sports Day in Canada prize pack. Register by June 30, 2012 and you'll receive a prize pack to use however you like—as a reward or incentive for your student participants, or maybe as a contest prize.
- Plus, all schools who register an official Sports Day in Canada event will be entered to win a $500 PRIZE to put towards physical activity equipment or programming at your school!