Please be advised that the following rule changes will be in effect for the 2014 OFSAA Wrestling Championships. These changes will supersede those published in the 2013-2014 edition of the Wrestling Canada Lutte Rulebook. All other rules previously published in the 2013-2014 edition will be in effect. This is necessary because OFSAA playing regulations state that we follow CAWA rules. Because CAWA made these changes, OFSAA must follow the changes.
A wrestler must have a minimum of 30 minutes rest between the end of one bout and the beginning of the next bout.
• 10 points for Freestyle Wrestling.
• Freestyle Wrestling: 4 points for all throws.
End of Match
• Elimination of 2 x 3 points and seven point differential resulting in a victory.
• Elimination of the 5 second count for the 1 additional back point exposure.
• From the standing or neutral position, whenever a wrestler secures control of his/her opponent and brings him down without back exposure, 2 points are awarded. This may occur as either an offensive or defensive maneuver (anything that goes directly from the feet to the back is worth 4 points).