OFSAA, in partnership with Spalding Canada, is excited to announce the winners of our Keeping Football Safe contest! Congratulations:
- West Ferris Intermediate SS (North Bay) and Head Coach Mark Robertson
- Kitchener-Waterloo C&VS (Kitchener) and Head Coach Kevin Horn
Thank you to all who applied and completed the courses to keep football safe on the fields at our schools!
WHAT’S THE PRIZE?
2 Prizes of $3,500 of in-kind product from Spalding/Russell Athletic to support high school football programs (football, uniforms, football pads, etc.). Each school will select what product they believe is needed most!
HOW IT WORKS
Any school who successfully completes (or has already completed) all the identified best practices as indicated below and submits the completed entry form, which can be downloaded by clicking this link, will be entered into a draw to win one of the two (2) prizes. Limited to one (1) entry per school. Past prize winners are not eligible.
All of the following must be completed in order to be eligible for the contest.
The purpose of the contest is to reward and encourage best practices when it comes to high school football safety.
1) All football team coaches must have completed a concussion awareness course/workshop within the past 3 years. These may include but are not limited to the following:
- Making Headway in Sport (Generic or Football specific) (NCCP course offered online at www.coach.ca, free for a limited time)
- Concussion in Sport- What you need to know (NFHS course offered free at www.schoolcoach.ca)
- Concussion Management Workshop (taken at a conference, school board, etc.)
2) One (1) coach must have completed the NCCP Football Introduction to Competition (position coach trained) course. Information can be found at http://ontariofootball.ca/page.php?page_id=59443
3) The team must complete a minimum of one (1) practice (within the current season) specifically focused on safe contact/tackling. All team athletes must have participated in the safe contact/safe tackling practice/clinic.
All requirements must have been completed and applications received in the OFSAA Office no later than December 7, 2015.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
The draw will take place during the OFSAA Representative Council in November, 2015 with a public announcement made at the OFSAA Football Bowls in December, 2015.