OFSAA and our official Badminton partners Yonex have teamed up for the second year to present the High School Smash program to get more students involved in a school sport they could end up playing the rest of their lives.
Applicants were asked to submit a plan for an intramural badminton program in their school that would be sustainable, use student leaders, involve students who were new to badminton, and students of all grade levels.
After applications were sorted the successful applicants were entered in a random draw with the following four schools winning:
- Sir John A. Macdonald (Hamilton)
- Great Lakes Christian HS (Beamsville)
- École secondaire catholique Nouvelle-Alliance (Barrie)
- Rainy River HS (Rainy River)
Congratulations to the schools that were selected for the prize and we at OFSAA and Yonex look forward to seeing the results of your badminton programming!
Each school has won:
- 16 Yonex Nanospeed (or equivalent) racquets
- 5 dozen (60) Mavis 350 shuttles
- A badminton instructional DVD
- Potential for your school to host a showcase match between National Team members (dependent on availability of athletes)
The High School Smash contest will run again next fall with applications and further information available HERE