Schools who wish to host an OFSAA-sanctioned event or attend an invitational event outside of Ontario must complete the appropriate forms, now available online through OFSAA's webforms setup.
The two forms can be found here - http://www.ofsaa.on.ca/events/sanctioned-events
Please also speak with OFSAA Special Projects Coordinator Diana Ranken (email@example.com) for details.
Why obtain OFSAA sanction when hosting an invitational event?
- Some schools are only allowed to attend sanctioned events
- School athletes compete against school athletes
- All students are OFSAA-eligible, so it is a fair playing field
- Teacher supervision regulations are in place
- The event is conducted with OFSAA regulations as a guideline for competition
Why attend sanctioned events?
- All schools participating are member schools in good standing of their provincial/state association
- All students meet the eligibility requirements of their home province/state
- Event will be conducted using host association regulations as a guideline or as the official rules
- There is teacher involvement in the convening of the event