See " NEWS" on our homepage to find the full story on the accomplishments of our three 2020 recipients.
Application and Selection Process
The OFSAA Alumni Scholarship Fund will be awarding $500- scholarships to deserving student-athletes from member schools from the following OFSAA member Associations in 2019 - 20:
NOSSA, SWOSSAA, YRAA, GBSSA, NEOAA, CWOSSA.
***Final deadline date is Wednesday, May 20, 2020***
To apply for the OFSAA Alumni Scholarship the following must be submitted:
- Completed application form (3 copies)
- School transcript
- Record of current marks
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or a teacher-coach at your present school outlining your contributions to the athletic program and to the school in general
- One-page personal letter, outlining how you feel school sport has influenced your life, and why you feel you are deserving of the OFSAA Alumni Scholarship
Criteria for Selection
- Attendance at a Canadian post-secondary institution
- Participation in high school sport
- Involvement in other areas of school and community activity
- Attainment of an academic overall average of at least 80%
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or teacher/coach at the high school
- Your personal letter
Process for Selection of Recipients
- Applications sent to the six selected associations for distribution to their schools.
Completed applications deadline date has been extended to May 20, 2020.
- Alumni Selection Committee reviews applications and selects recipients
Presentation of Scholarships
- Recipients will receive a small plaque at the time of their graduation. The scholarship cheque will be sent in the fall upon proof of registration at a Canadian post-secondary institution
- All scholarship recipients will be profiled in the Bulletin and on OFSAA's website
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
OFSAA Alumni Scholarship, 305 Milner Avenue, Suite 207, Toronto, Ontario M1B 3V4
Attn: Jim Barbeau