See " NEWS" on our homepage to find the full story on the accomplishments of our three 2020 recipients.
Application and Selection Process
The OFSAA Alumni Scholarship Fund will be awarding $500- scholarships to deserving student-athletes from member schools from the following OFSAA member Associations in 2020 - 21:
COSSA, TDCAA, GHAC, NCSSAA, CISAA, NWOSSAA.
***Final deadline date is Thursday, April 15, 2021***
To apply for the OFSAA Alumni Scholarship the following must be submitted:
- Completed application form (3 copies)
- School transcript
- Record of current marks
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or a teacher-coach at your present school outlining your contributions to the athletic program and to the school in general
- One-page personal letter, outlining how you feel school sport has influenced your life, and why you feel you are deserving of the OFSAA Alumni Scholarship
Criteria for Selection
- Attendance at a Canadian post-secondary institution
- Participation in high school sport
- Involvement in other areas of school and community activity
- Attainment of an academic overall average of at least 80%
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or teacher/coach at the high school
- Your personal letter
Process for Selection of Recipients
- Application form is available to the six selected associations on the OFSAA website.
Completed applications must be received in the OFSAA office by Thursday, April 15, 2021.
- Alumni Selection Committee reviews applications and selects recipients by the end of June, 2021.
Presentation of Scholarships
- Recipients will receive a small plaque at the time of their graduation. The scholarship cheque will be sent in the fall upon proof of registration at a Canadian post-secondary institution
- All scholarship recipients will be profiled in the Bulletin and on OFSAA's website
Scholarship History & Past Recipients Click HERE
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
OFSAA Alumni Scholarship, 305 Milner Avenue, Suite 207, Toronto, Ontario M1B 3V4
Attn: Jim Barbeau