UPDATE: NOVEMBER 13, 2019 - THE TRY DAY PROGRAM HAS NOW REACHED ITS FULL COMPLEMENT OF SCHOOLS FOR 2019-20. THANK YOU TO THE SCHOOLS THAT ARE PARTICIPATING!
The Ontario Ministry of Education is again providing grants of up to $700 per school for the 2019-20 school year for schools to enhance their athletic/activity programs with an OFSAA Try Day program.
SCHOOLS APPLYING FOR THE TRY DAY GRANT SHOULD KNOW THAT THIS IS A DEFINITE COMMITMENT TO COMPLETE THE TRY DAY PROGRAM, AND SUBMIT THE REQUIRED REPORTING MATERIALS BY THE DEADLINES.
WHAT schools are eligible??
- 125 publicly-funded secondary schools
- Schools must meet the minimum requirement of participants and student leaders
- Only schools committed to completing the program should apply!
- CRITERIA for approval for funding and reimbursement??
- Must introduce a new sport or physical activity to their current physical education program
- Must make activity available to students in multiple grade levels
- Must include the leadership component - minimum of six(6) student leaders in the planning and implementation of the Try Day event
- Must include a minimum of sixty (60) participants (30 in schools with a student population under 500) in the Try Day program
- Must complete the Try Day program by April 30, 2020
HOW to apply??
- Submit your application ONLINE. This is the only method.
SELECTION of Recipients and Process??
- Funds will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, provided that the request fits the parameters of the program.
- First-time applicants, small, rural schools, and schools conducting cricket, wheelchair basketball and sustainable activities, will receive priority.
- Funding acceptance sent by email within 3 weeks if all criteria are in place.
- Reporting package to be emailed upon acceptance.
- Posters to be distributed by mail as soon as they are available.
- To receive reimbursement, schools must meet all requirements, complete online reporting forms, and student evaluations, and email receipts, photos, and media articles no later than May 15, 2020.
- Enhance and strengthen your physical activity and athletic programs by introducing new or non-traditional activities to your curricular, co-curricular or school club programs
- Introduce sustainable activities that benefit both present and future students
- Provide an opportunity for student leadership
- Encourage regular daily activity as well as lifelong active participation
Fill out and Submit the Registration Form ONLINE now
**If you do not receive a reply within 3 weeks of submitting your application, please contact me directly.
Diana Ranken, ‘Try Day’ Program Coordinator ([email protected])