***NOVEMBER 19, 2020 - The full complement of schools has now been reached and no more applications can be accepted.***
OFSAA TRY DAY 2020-21
“It’s a Go!” Apply today!
Schools may now apply for an OFSAA Try Day grant of up to $700 for the 2020-21 school year to introduce a new sport or physical activity to your program. Students have been without their regular physical activity for many months now during the COVID pandemic, so motivate them all to participate in a new, safe and healthy program. Introducing a new activity/sport to your program, with the help of student leaders during this COVID period, may take some additional time and effort, but the need for activity and re-socializing is greater than ever for our young people. A new activity may be just what motivates your students! Working collaboratively with all parties, and clear and ongoing communication with your student leaders will result in a safe, fun learning environment for all.
- 125 Publicly-funded secondary schools
- Fully committed to completing the Try Day program and meeting the deadlines
- Involves the minimum required number of student participants and leaders
CRITERIA for approval of funding and reimbursement??
- Must introduce a new sport or physical activity to the physical education program
- Selected activity must comply with local school board COVID-19 safety protocols, policy and direction.
- Must involve a minimum of six (6) student leaders in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Try Day event
- Must include a minimum of sixty (60) participants (thirty (30) in schools with a student population under 500)
- Must complete the Try Day program by May 15, 2021
Application forms and criteria can be found on the OFSAA website (ofsaa.on.ca) under Programs/Try Day/Registration and are to be submitted ONLINE only. For your application to be considered, the school principal’s signature is required.
TRY DAY ACTIVITY SELECTION??
Before determining any activity check your local Board policies regarding COVID activities to make sure your program complies with their direction.
ü Outdoor activities
ü Individual Activities
ü Physical distancing
ü Limited participants (or within an existing cohort of students)
ü Modified equipment to reduce sharing
ü Modified activities to avoid physical contact
ü Intensity of activity
SELECTION PROCESS FOR FUNDING AND REPORTING PROCEDURES
- Funds are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis provided that all criteria are met
- Acceptance for funding is sent by e-mail to the Program Coordinator and Principal within 2 weeks of receipt of registration form
- Reporting package is e-mailed within 2 weeks of your acceptance. All reporting materials should be submitted as soon as possible upon completion of your Try Day
- Deadlines: Try Day programs are to be completed by May 15, 2021, and all reporting materials submitted by May 30, 2021
- Reimbursement is sent to the school once all reporting materials are received: online reporting form and student evaluation surveys, receipts, photos, media/school articles
- Get as many of the students moving again and a return to regular activity
- Enhance and rejuvenate your physical education programs
- Introduce sustainable activities that benefit present and future students
- Provide an opportunity for student leadership
- Encourage regular daily activity as well as lifelong participation
Fill out and Submit the Registration Form ONLINE now
**If you do not receive a reply within 3 weeks of submitting your application, please contact:
Diana Ranken, ‘Try Day’ Program Coordinator ([email protected])