OFSAA is pleased to accept applications from associations or schools looking to host a regional event
OFSAA launched the Regional Events program in the 2022-2023 school year to increase and enhance opportunities for participation.
The philosophy behind Regional Events:
- Priority on participation not competition
- Provide student leadership opportunities
- Target students who are not currently participating in athletics at the school
- Event which introduces a new activity or one currently popular in the region
- No eligibility requirements (ex. Transfers)
Items to be included in the application:
- Competition Schedule
- Explanation of how the event will promote increased participation in your region
Successful applications will be awarded a $500 honorarium from OFSAA to assist with event expenses.
*Encourage invitation to schools from all 3 associations within the applicable region.
Regional Breakdown: Region [Athletic Associations]
- North [NWOSSAA, NEOAA, NOSSA]
- South [GHAC, ROPSSAA, SOSSA]
- East [COSSA, EOSSAA, NCSSAA]
- West [CWOSSA, SWOSSAA, WOSSAA]
- Central [GBSSA, LOSSA, YRAA]
- Metro [TDCAA, TDSSAA, CISAA]
For more information View the Regional Event Hosting Policy