OFSAA TRY DAY 2022-23
**WE HAVE REACHED FULL CAPACITY FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR. THANK YOU TO THE SCHOOLS THAT APPLIED AND BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR ACTIVITY!**
“School Activity Resumes – Try Day Grants Approved” – Apply today!
The Ministry of Education has again approved the Try Day grant for up to $700 to introduce a new or non-traditional sport or physical activity to your school program in the 2022-23 school year. Select an activity that will motivate your students and get them moving again. Give other students the opportunity to exercise their leadership ability. A definite win-win situation for all.
- 150 Publicly-funded secondary schools
- Fully committed to completing the Try Day program and meeting the deadlines
- Involves the minimum required number of student participants and leaders
CRITERIA for approval of funding and reimbursement??
- Must introduce a new sport or physical activity to the physical education program
- Selected activity must comply with your school and local school Board safety protocols, policy and direction.
- Must involve a minimum of six (6) student leaders in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Try Day event
- Must include a minimum of sixty (60) participants (thirty (30) in schools with a student population under 500)
- Must complete the Try Day program by May 1, 2023 and submit reporting materials by May 15, 2023
Application forms and criteria can be found on the OFSAA website (ofsaa.on.ca) under Programs/Try Day/Registration and are to be submitted ONLINE only. For your application to be considered, the school principal’s approval is required.
SELECTION PROCESS FOR FUNDING AND REPORTING PROCEDURES
- Funds are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis provided that all criteria are met
- Acceptance for funding is sent by e-mail to the Program Coordinator and Principal within 2 weeks of receipt of registration form
- Reporting package is e-mailed within 2 weeks of your acceptance. All reporting materials should be submitted as soon as possible upon completion of your Try Day
- Deadlines: Try Day programs are to be completed by May 1, 2023, and all reporting materials submitted by May 15, 2023
- Reimbursement is sent to the school once all reporting materials are received: online reporting form and student evaluation surveys, receipts, photos, media/school articles
- Enhance and rejuvenate your physical education programs
- Introduce sustainable activities that benefit present and future students
- Provide an opportunity for student leadership
- Encourage regular daily activity as well as lifelong participation
Fill out and Submit the Try Day Application Form
**If you do not receive a reply within 3 weeks of submitting your application, please contact:
Diana Ranken, ‘Try Day’ Program Coordinator ([email protected])