OFSAA is currently accepting nominations for the position of vice president. This volunteer position is a two-year term beginning in September 2023, and will be followed by a two-year term as president, and a two-year term as past president. According to the OFSAA by-laws, “The incoming vice president shall be of the opposite sex to the former vice president who shall become president.” Nominees this year must therefore identify as female.
- Nominator’s name, school, email, and telephone number
- Nominee’s name, school, email, and telephone number
- Nominee’s resume outlining their experience in education, school sport, and leadership roles
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- two-year term;
- voting member of the Executive Council;
- attend the Annual Assembly meeting in April each year;
- member of the Management Committee (meets via video conference on an as-needed basis);
- should attend the Representatives’ Council meeting in November;
- Chair of the Future Directions Committee (two-year term) – two meetings annually;
- Chair of the Principals’ Council (two-year term) – one meeting annually at the Annual Assembly in April; other meetings as necessary;
- may fill in for the President when required;
- may be a member of a Board of Reference;
- may be a member of any other ad hoc committee;
- weekday commitment – seven days/year (maximum nine).