As mandated by Rowan’s Law in 2019, every student-athlete, coach, official and trainer is required to confirm they have reviewed the Concussion Awareness Resource and the OFSAA Concussion Code of Conduct. In order to participate in OFSAA events it is mandatory that a confirmation form for each participant be completed and submitted.
The Concussion Awareness Resource, Concussion Codes of Conduct, Removal-From-Sport and Return-To-Sport Protocols can be found at the following links:
- Concussion Awareness Resource – Sensibiliser Aux Problèmes Des Commotions Cérébrales
- OFSAA Removal and Return to Sport Protocols
- Student-Athlete/Parent Code of Conduct – Code de conduite des élèves-athlètes et des parents/tuteurs
- Coach/Trainer Code of Conduct – Code de conduite des entraîneurs et soigneur
- Officials Code of Conduct
- Rowan’s Law Toolkit
Concussion Awareness Training Tool (CATT)
Additionally, there are several additional resources and online concussion training courses for coaches available online through the The Concussion Awareness Training Tool (CATT) website. The CATT is a series of online educational modules and resources addressing concussion recognition, diagnosis, treatment, and management. Good concussion management is pivotal to minimizing the risk of brain damage and may reduce long-term health consequences.