See ” NEWS” on our homepage to find the full story on the accomplishments of our three 2022 recipients.
Application and Selection Process
The OFSAA Alumni Scholarship Fund will be awarding scholarships to deserving student-athletes from member schools from the following OFSAA member Associations in 2022-23:
NOSSA, SWOSSAA, YRAA, GBSSA, NEOAA, CWOSSA
Final deadline date is Friday, April 14, 2023
To apply for the OFSAA Alumni Scholarship the following must be submitted:
- Completed application form
- School transcript
- Record of current marks
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or a teacher-coach at your present school outlining your contributions to the athletic program and to the school in general
- One-page personal letter, outlining how you feel school sport has influenced your life, and why you feel you are deserving of the OFSAA Alumni Scholarship
Criteria for Selection
- Attendance at a Canadian post-secondary institution
- Participation in high school sport
- Involvement in other areas of school and community activity
- Attainment of an academic overall average of at least 80%
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or teacher/coach at the high school
- Your personal letter
Process for Selection of Recipients
- Application form is available to the six selected associations on the OFSAA website.
- Completed applications must be received in the OFSAA office by Thursday, April 14, 2023.
- Alumni Selection Committee reviews applications and selects recipients by the end of June, 2023.
Presentation of Scholarships
- Recipients will receive a small plaque at the time of their graduation. The scholarship cheque will be sent in the fall upon proof of registration at a Canadian post-secondary institution
- All scholarship recipients will be profiled in the Bulletin and on OFSAA’s website
Submit Application to:
OFSAA Sport Coordinator