Healthy active living is what we all strive for and OFSAA promotes to schools across Ontario, and with Spring arriving in most parts of the province it’s time to shake off the snow and get out there and get active!
There are so many ways to get outside and enjoy a breath of fresh air while exercising, here’s just a few:
- Turn a park or a playground into your personal gym – hang, jump, dip and skip using playground equipment
- Go for a jog – you don’t need a destination. Just get out and go with a good pair of shoes
- Tune up the bike – hit the trails with your two-wheeler for some cardio. Raise your seat if you grew!
- Dive in – maybe not in April, but soon you’ll be swimming in some very refreshing waters
- Take a hike – to really explore nature and see green space again to break up routine while conditioning
- Bounce that ball – shoot some hoops, kick a goal, or play some catch. There are so many great sports
What do you do to celebrate Spring outside?