PLEASE FILL IN THE APPROPRIATE FORM AT THE LINK BELOW
Why obtain OFSAA sanction when hosting an invitational event?
- Some schools are only allowed to attend sanctioned events
- School athletes compete against school athletes
- All students are OFSAA-eligible, so it is a fair playing field
- Teacher supervision regulations are in place
- The event is conducted with OFSAA regulations as a guideline for competition
Why attend sanctioned events?
- All schools participating are member schools in good standing of their provincial/state association
- All students meet the eligibility requirements of their home province/state
- Event will be conducted using host association regulations as a guideline or as the official rules
- There is teacher involvement in the convening of the event
Please note the following:
- Applications by schools/teachers wishing to host an invitational event sanctioned by OFSAA (form is on website) are to be initiated by the host school no later than 30 days prior to the date of the meet or tournament. When the designated segment of the application has been completed accurately, the convenor is to send this form to the OFSAA representative in his/her Association (consult the inside cover of the Bulletin or this website for this information) who will then forward it to OFSAA.
- Outside organizations wishing to receive OFSAA-sanction for their invitational event, must have a teacher involved with the organiztion of the event and that teacher is the one who submits the request for sanction form.
- All Ontario tournaments that host teams from outside the province, for sports for which OFSAA has playing regulations, must be sanctioned by OFSAA
- Specific sanctioning forms for hosting teams from another province or from the US must be completed and submitted for approval in order for these teams to participate..
- Please submit your application(s) for approval well in advance
- Ontario schools wishing to travel to the U.S. for Track and Cross Country events OR for any sport event sanctioned by the NFHS or by the host state association, MUST apply to OFSAA 30 days in advance of the meet for sanction approval. Schools attending these events in the US must be eligible under all the rules and regulations of OFSAA.
- Application for OFSAA sanction to ATTEND invitational/ exhibition events in other provinces or the US
- Application for OFSAA sanction to HOST an invitational/ exhibition event
SCHOOLS ATTENDING ALL CROSS COUNTRY OR TRACK AND FIELD MEETS, OR EVENTS IN ANY SPORT SANCTIONED BY THE NFHS, OR THE HOST STATE ASSOCIATION IN THE UNITED STATES MUST RECEIVE OFSAA SANCTION IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.