ALL COURSES HAVE BEEN FILLED. THANK YOU!
“Celebrating Female Teacher-Coaches” Week (NCCP Certification)
OFSAA and the Coaching Association of Ontario, with financial support from the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries are pleased to announce a partnership focused on female teacher-coaches within Ontario secondary schools. The purpose of the initiative will be to assist current teacher-coaches in obtaining NCCP certification and increase their knowledge of coaching and physical literacy skills.
During the first week of March, OFSAA will be hosting five NCCP online multi-sport modules in both English and French, free of charge, for female teacher-coaches.
For more information on NCCP certification please visit: https://www.coachesontario.ca/nccp-training/about-the-nccp/
The cost is free for any secondary female teacher-coach in Ontario. Space is limited so register today by following this link: Female Teacher-Coach Appreciation Week- Registration Form
See below for a description of courses offered:
Semaine de reconnaissance des enseignantes-entraîneuses (Programme national de formation des entraîneurs)
La FASSO et la Coaches Association of Ontario sont heureux de travailler en partenariat, avec le soutien financier du ministère des Industries du patrimoine, du sport, du tourisme et de la culture, pour offrir de la formation aux enseignantes-entraîneuses des écoles secondaires de la province. Les participantes seront en mesure de progresser vers l’agrément du Programme national de formation des entraîneurs, tout en rehaussant leurs habiletés et leurs connaissances de l’activité physique.
Au cours de la première semaine de mars, la FASSO présentera cinq modules de formation en ligne axés sur divers sports, à l’intention des enseignantes-entraîneuses. Les ateliers seront présentés en français et en anglais, gratuitement.
Pour en savoir plus au sujet du Programme national de formation des entraîneurs, consultez le site suivant : https://www.coachesontario.ca/nccp-training/about-the-nccp/ (anglais).
Les formations sont gratuites pour les enseignantes-entraîneuses des écoles secondaires de l’Ontario. Le nombre de places est limité. Inscrivez-vous dès aujourd’hui : Semaine de reconnaissance des enseignantes-entraîneuses – formulaire d’inscription[FC1]
La description des cours se trouve ci-dessous.
NCCP Make Ethical Decisions-Monday, March 1 @ 4pm-8pm (E)(F)
The NCCP Make Ethical Decisions module offers coaches the opportunity for training and evaluation in ethical decision making through the NCCP Make Ethical Decisions training, and online evaluation. By successfully completing the NCCP Make Ethical Decisions training, coaches will be fully equipped to handle ethical situations with confidence and surety. The training helps coaches identify the legal, ethical, and moral implications of difficult situations that present themselves in the world of team and individual sport. Upon completing the NCCP Make Ethical Decisions training, coaches will be able to:
• analyze a challenging situation and determine if it has moral, legal or ethical implications; and
• apply the NCCP Ethical Decision-Making Model to properly respond to situations in a way that is consistent with the NCCP Code of Ethics.
NCCP Basic Mental Skills-Tuesday, March 2 @ 4pm-8pm (E)(French Delivery-TBA)
The NCCP Basic Mental Skills module gives you the ability to:
• recognize signs indicating that an athlete may need to improve his/her goal setting, focus, and anxiety control skills, and develop tools to help the athlete to make improvements in these areas; and
• run simple guided activities that help athletes improve basic mental skills.
NCCP Teaching and Learning-Wednesday, March 3 @ 4pm-9pm (E)(F)
Upon completing the NCCP Teaching and Learning module, you will be able to:
• assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
• analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
• create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
• appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive, and motor dimensions of learning;
• the use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
• a sound organization;
• active supervision; and
• the use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time, and with the right frequency.
• use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
NCCP Planning a Practice-Thursday, March 4 @ 4pm-9:30pm (E)(F)
The NCCP Planning a Practice module consists of two components; a free NCCP Emergency Action Plan eLearning activity, and an in-class / online delivered module. To receive the full credit for the NCCP Planning a Practice module, coaches must complete both components.
This module’s goal is to prepare coaches to plan safe and effective practices. The NCCP Planning a Practice learning activities will prepare you to:
• explain the importance of logistics in the development of a practice plan;
• establish an appropriate structure for a practice; and
• identify appropriate activities for each part of the practice
NCCP Coaching In Ontario Schools-Saturday, March 6 @ 9am-12:30pm (E)(F)
After completing the NCCP Coaching in Secondary Schools module,
you will be able to:
• apply and integrate the LTAD model into school sport programming;
• apply an ethical decision-making process to school sport scenarios;
• apply a school sport philosophy and the NCCP Code of Ethics to your school sport program;
• integrate safety standards into school sport coaching;
• manage school sport policies and procedures; and
• apply the roles and responsibilities of a school sport coach.