Application Deadline: May. 29, 2015
The Ontario Federation of School Athletic Associations (OFSAA) is an organization comprised of high school student-athletes, teacher-coaches, teachers, principals, and sport administrators all committed to the philosophy of “Education through school sport”. We collaborate with volunteer teacher-coaches to provide quality provincial championships for Ontario’s student-athletes, and we also deliver additional programs and services that support school sport at the provincial and local levels.
The executive director plays an integral leadership role in both OFSAA and in school sport in Ontario. Working closely with volunteer leaders, the executive director will ensure OFSAA is strategic, progressive, and responsive to change.
Reporting to the president, the executive director is responsible for the overall operation of the organization, including financial management and human resources. He/she will work with the executive council and staff to develop strategic and operational plans, and will ensure all plans are successfully achieved. He/she will manage partnerships, liaise with stakeholders, and prepare funding applications. The successful candidate will also be required to work with committees to prepare and implement policies which align with the aims and objectives of the organization. He/she will be required to follow procedures, abide by governing documents, and interact with government ministries.
- Senior leadership position in education, not-for-profit, or sport sectors.
- Degree or diploma in the field of Sport Management, Physical Education, or Bachelor of Education.
- Proven ability to work with a variety of different personalities.
- Knowledge of the Ontario education and sport systems. A teaching background with experience in school sport is an asset.
- Understanding of and belief in the school sport philosophy.
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset but not required.
- Valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m. on May 29, 2015 to Ms. Beth Hubbard at [email protected].
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.