The partnership between OFSAA and the Canadian Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (CIAAA) was established in 2016 to make Leadership Training courses available for Ontario Athletic Directors with the following goals:
• to promote the role of Athletic Directors in Ontario high schools
• to offer courses in professional development that are specific and applicable in the everyday role of Athletic Directors in Ontario high schools
• to provide support for existing and aspiring Athletic Directors
WHY TAKE THE LEADERSHIP TRAINING COURSES?
- Personal and personal development
- To network with other AD’s in your region and across the province
- To assist those who follow in your position and help them better understand the role of the Athletic Director in your school and/or board
WHAT COURSE IS BEING OFFERED?
504-C: Legal Issues I – The Basics of Negligence, Liability and Risk Management
This course covers liability, negligence, and risk management practices for athletic administrators. Legal concepts will be introduced to athletic administrators through the use of case law, case studies and guided discussion. Appropriate risk management documentation procedures for athletic administrators will be identified. Attendees will benefit from discussing real-life case law scenarios and defining the duties and standards of care that the law requires of athletic administrators. Attendees will leave the course with new knowledge and actionable strategies for managing risk.
Tuesday, February 27, 2024 – 6:00 to 9:00 PM (ET)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, February 15, 2024
The Zoom link and course information will be sent closer to the date of the course.
COST: $190.00 but OFSAA will subsidize 50% (or $95.00) for the first 19 AD’s who register.