Posted Tuesday, March 31, 10:15 AM
Statement From Nick Rowe, OFSAA President:
As we continue to cope in these challenging times with the COVID-19 pandemic, it is with great disappointment that we announce Tuesday the cancellation of the remaining 2020 spring OFSAA championships and festivals.
On behalf of the OFSAA Executive Council and all of our staff, we are thankful for the commitment and passion of all student-athletes, coaches, convenors and volunteer host organizing committees to this point in the school year.
Volunteers are the driving force in the planning efforts and execution of these events. A sincere thank you to each and every one of the volunteers across the province.
As we endure this uncertain coronavirus health crisis, OFSAA will continue to follow the direction of public health experts and government agencies.
We eagerly look forward to when we can safely get back to the classroom and when sport returns to our school communities.
Stay safe and healthy.
For each of the cancelled events in 2020, OFSAA recognizes the commitment and dedication of the convenors of each of the championships and festivals. Those individuals are:
- Jennifer Armatage, Girls’ AAA Rugby
- Fraser Bertram, Track & Field
- Reuben Brunet, Girls’ A/AA Rugby
- Steve Burke, Baseball West Regional
- Sue Dunn, Girls’ A/AA Hockey
- Cam Hagle, Boys’ A & AA Soccer
- Pete Hercus, Boys’ A/AA Rugby
- Rob Houston, Curling
- Mark Iannizzi, Boys’ AAA Lacrosse
- Adam Jones, Boys’ A/AA Lacrosse
- Ian Kendrick, Girls’ AA Soccer
- Ryan Kimmerly, Boys’ AAA Rugby
- Larry Laughlin, Tennis
- Anthony Macaluso, Boys’ & Girls’ AAA Soccer
- Tim Marks, Badminton
- David Peters, Girls’ A Soccer
- Paul Rebelo, Baseball East Regional
- Chris Reid, Track & Field
- John Talerico, Boys’ & Girls’ AAA Hockey
- Darryl Ward, Boys’ A/AA Lacrosse
- Jim Whittard, Boys’ A/AA Hockey