Home   /   Ontario Hockey Federation Bursary

Ontario Hockey Federation Bursary

The OHF Bursary Program was introduced in 1997 to recognize and reward dedication in education and hockey.  The program provides financial assistance to registered OHF participants to offset the cost of  post-secondary education.  In the past 14 years, the OHF has distributed more than $210,000 to over 230 post secondary students.

2011 OHF Bursary Program Eligibility & Application Requirements

  • To be eligible to receive a bursary, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
  • Be registered for three years within the OHF in any capacity.
  • Have registered with the OHF during his/her application season.
  • Be enrolling or enrolled in a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada.
  • Meet the admission standards of the post-secondary institution that he/she attending.
  • Have maintained clear academic status.  Students on probation are not eligible for a bursary.

Accompanying the application form, a candidate must submit the following documents:

  • A letter from the candidate outlining his/her contributions to hockey, what the game of hockey has meant  to him/her.  This letter should also include volunteer/community involvements.
  • Two letters of reference from his/her current school on official school letterhead.
  • One letter of reference from a hockey-related organization on official letterhead.
  • Most current copy of his/her Official School Transcript.
  • A copy of his/her current marks summary.

Note: 40% of overall total score will come from school related submissions while the remaining 60% will come from personal contribution to hockey and the community.

The application form (and additional information) for the 2011 OHF Bursary Program must be received by the OHF office by 4:00pm on Friday April 29, 2011.  Good luck to all applicants.

For more information regarding the OHF Bursary Program, please contact Melissa Wolk at the Ontario Hockey Federation.