TRY DAY FUNDING AVAILABLE FOR 2016-17!
Try Day funding of up to $700 is once again being provided by the Ministry of Education, Government of Ontario, for 130 publicly-funded secondary schools to introduce a new or non-traditional sport to their physical education programs. Fill in the application form and SUBMIT ONLINE today as there are is limited funding available!
APPLY NOW - the program fills up quickly!!
WHAT are the Criteria to qualify for funding?
- The Try Day activity must introduce a new sport or physical activity to their current physical education program and be offered to students in multiple grade levels
- Priority will be given to new applicants to the Try Day program, rural and small schools, and schools conducting sustainable programs.
- Schools must include a minimum of 60 participants (30 in schools with a student population under 500) in the Try Day program
- A leadership component must be included involving a minimum of six student leaders in the planning and/or implementation of the Try Day event
- Try Day programs must be completed by April 15, 2017
HOW do we apply and receive funding?
- All applications must be submitted online http://www.ofsaa.on.ca/programs/try-day.
- Funds will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, provided that the request fits the parameters of the program.
- Your school will receive their letter of acceptance for funding and required reporting materials by email if all criteria are in place within 2 weeks of your submission. Posters will follow by mail.
- To receive reimbursement, schools must submit online the final report, receipts, photos, student evaluations, and any media articles of their Try Day event, no later than April 30th, 2017.
Fill out the Registration Form ONLINE now and submit it to OFSAA
Please complete the photo release form before sending in your images
**If you do not receive a reply within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please contact me.
Diana Ranken, ‘Try Day’ Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org