Join Our Team! Apply Now For Vice President
OFSAA is currently accepting nominations for the position of vice president. This volunteer position is a one year term beginning in September 2023, with the possibility of serving an additional one year term as vice president, two-year term as president, and a two-year term as past president.
According to the OFSAA by-laws, “The incoming vice president shall be of the opposite sex to the former vice president who shall become president.” Nominees this year must therefore identify as female. Deadline to apply is Friday, May 12, 2023.
An association representative, after consultation with their association’s Principals’ Council representative, may choose to nominate an individual for this position. The individual must be a principal or vice principal.
When submitting a nomination, please include the following information:
- Nominator’s name, school, email, and telephone number
- Nominee’s name, school, email, and telephone number
- Nominee’s resume outlining their experience in education, school sport, and leadership roles
A description of duties is below:
• two-year term;
• voting member of the Executive Council;
• attend the Annual Assembly meeting in April each year;
• member of the Management Committee (meets via video conference on an as-needed basis);
• should attend the Representatives’ Council meeting in November;
• Chair of the Future Directions Committee (two-year term) – two meetings annually;
• Chair of the Principals’ Council (two-year term) – one meeting annually at the Annual Assembly in April; other meetings as necessary;
• may fill in for the President when required;
• may be a member of a Board of Reference;
• may be a member of any other ad hoc committee;
• weekday commitment – seven days/year (maximum nine).